Whether you want to get to the next level in your career, make a career change—or just learn new skills for personal interest—continuing education can help you take the next steps on your professional journey. However, once you’ve decided to further your education, you need to decide the best way to learn for you.
Do you prefer to learn on campus, online, or take a blended approach? What are the differences between the three learning models, and which is the best way to learn for you?
On campus learning
At Sheridan, on campus learning remains the most popular option for most of our students. As the name implies, classes are in person, at our campuses.
Why learn on campus?
Some of the benefits of on campus learning include:
- The ability to network face-to-face with your peers and your instructor.
- Get answers to your questions right away. If you’re having trouble with an assignment or presentation, you can get answers during class, in real time.
- Experience campus services such as the library, café, learning commons, and bookstore. These services are open to all students, but are not used as widely by online and blended students.
As the name says, online learning means that you learn online. All assignments, and classroom learning take place through our online learning platform.
Benefits of online learning
- Online learning is a great option if you have a busy lifestyle and want to further your education without the commitment of coming to class once a week.
- You’ll have the freedom and flexibility to learn anywhere, anytime. Learn from the comfort of your own home, office, or wherever you are.
- You aren’t committed to a set class time each week.
Blended learning is the newest learning model. It takes a hybrid approach, with some of the coursework being on campus, and some online.
Benefits of blended learning
- If you want the best of both worlds, blended learning is the perfect choice. It allows you to experience both the on campus and online experience.
- You’ll have the flexibility of online learning, with some of the structure of on campus learning.
Sheridan’s Faculty of Continuing and Professional Studies offers on campus, online and blended programs so you can choose the way you learn. Visit caps.sheridancollege.ca for more information on how Sheridan can help you reach your career goals.